Join the Cozy Coat Challenge and
Learn to Make a Dog Coat from Scratch!
The Cozy Coat Challenge is running again!!
Starting January 10th, 2022, join an amazing group of creatives just like yourself to make the Cozy Coat together. Connect and learn along with others while you sew a beautiful custom-fit dog coat as a special treat for your furry best friend.
- how to measure your dog
- how to choose the right sized pattern
- how to customize the pattern to fit properly
- how to sew it all together
- + extra bonus instructions with sewing tips, adding an opening for leash hook-up, and so much more!
Enrollment Closes Dec. 31st 2021
Join the Challenge and get up to $148 in Bonuses
Private Facebook Group
(Included in all Options)
- Access a private Facebook Group with a group of other like-minded stitchers
- Share and learn along with others
- Connect with a community of creatives
Weekly Live Coaching
(Included in Option 2 & 3)
- During the Challenge get access to live, face-to-face Zoom coaching calls to get advice on fitting problems, customization, pattern ideas, tips & tricks, and so much more!
are you ready to go from wishing you could make a dog coat to making one custom fit to your pooch?
Even if you don't have much sewing experience, I know you can do this! Through step-by-step PDF instructions with photos and video tutorials, I'll walk you through every step as we make a dog coat together! You'll join an AMAZING group of stitchers and help each other as you work through this challenge together!
Plus, I'll help trouble-shoot any problems you might face along the way through live Zoom calls and Facebook Q&A sessions. And don't worry if you can't attend live. I will be recording all the live sessions so you can access them on your own time.
Join the Cozy Coat Challenge and I'll teach you everything you need to know to make your own, custom-fit dog jacket.
When you join the Challenge, you'll get access to:
- SewReady™ Maker Kit with everything you need to make the Cozy Coat
- a digital pattern download to print out
- optional PDF files with step-by-step instructions loaded with photographs
- optional online easy to master step-by-step video tutorials
- live weekly Q&A sessions PLUS Coaching Calls for a full month while the challenge is running
- access to a private community of like-minded stitchers
- prizes for finishing the Challenge on time
Sign up today to
get in on the Challenge!
Hurry! Enrollment Closes on December 31st!
Maybe you want to make dog coats,
but need help with...
Dog Coat Sewing Challenge Schedule
Chapter One -
A proper custom-fit ensures the most comfort and best chance your dog will enjoy wearing their new coat.
I'll take you through each measurement and exactly where to take measure.
Chapter Two -
Fitting the Pattern
It's one thing to measure your dog but how do you fit that to the pattern? I'll walk you through a simple process to determine your pattern size and then custom fit your pattern.
Chapter Three -
Gathering the Tools
So, you've got the measurements and you've cut out your pattern. Now let's get ready to make the coat! We'll start by gathering all the necessary tools and accessories you'll need.
Chapter Four -
Beginning the Coat
Now it's time to sew the coat. We'll start by cutting the fabric and then we'll sew in the piping. Lastly, we'll add the collar. I'll teach you tips and tricks to make this part an ease.
Note: The lessons listed above are just the starting point. You'll get access to action guides, step-by-step printed instructions, video tutorials, live Q&A sessions and a private Facebook Group where I will answer your questions, you'll meet an amazing group of other like-minded stitchers and so much more!
But all of this is only available for a brief time!
Enrollment closes on December 31st
Make adding creativity and sewing a dog coat your
New Year's Resolution!
Top Five Reasons to Join the Cozy Coat Challenge
- 1You'll learn exactly how to make a custom-fit dog coat from start to finish including measuring your dog and customizing your pattern
- 2You get a printable dog pattern with all the instructions needed to customize it for the perfect fit for your dog
- 3You'll learn the secrets that I have learned from years of making and selling custom-fit dog coats that are sold worldwide online and in retail stores
- 4You'll get access to action guides, step-by-step printable instructions, video tutorials and live Q&A sessions to help keep you on track - even if you have little sewing experience
- 5You'll get access to the exclusive Cozy Coat Challenge Facebook group where you can watch live and recorded videos. Plus, you can connect with a community of like-minded stitchers to help trouble-shoot any problems you might be having along the way.
Here's What People Are Saying
Loved the course!
I took the Cozy Coat Challenge with Jill and LOVED the whole experience! She walked me through being able to custom fit my Pug using her basic coat pattern that was easily downloaded from a pdf file. Jill’s easy to follow instructions, live sessions and Facebook Group was fun, informative and collaborative. I am an experienced sewer and loved all the new information I learned in Jill’s course. It’s so well done, that it would be great for a beginner too. I am looking forward to sewing and seeing my pug, Rosie, in Jill’s Marley Davidson jacket!
I am Proud of My Transformation
Today, I am proud of my confident transformation. I still have a lot to learn and will face new future challenges. But Jill is a special person and wonderful teacher and an inspiration to me. If you have any unanswered questions Jill is always willing to help through her experience and patience. Sewing dog wear has become my NEW passion. A dream of mine has been fulfilled and Jill has made the learning curve easier and enjoyable.
The Best-Fitted Dog Coat I Have Ever Made
This pattern was definitely the best-fitted dog coat I have made. I was able to customise the pattern pieces (with the help of Jill’s advice/tutorial) to my dog's measurements while also considering the length of my dog's body.
The step-by-step instructions are well presented and understandable via video and everything necessary is explained. On top of that great tips are provided on materials, supplies, tools etc.
Jill's patience and assistance in times of uncertainty were very helpful.
Through Jill’s warmth, patience and passion my interest in custom-designed dog apparel sewing has grown even more. I am proud to be a member of this exclusive group.
Really Impressed with the Patterns
I was really impressed with the patterns, and video tutorials, especially as I hadn't sewn in a very long time (amazing what you forget). Your information was easy to follow, and my raincoat was very professional looking.
I'm Now Ready for New Challenges
After taking Jill's courses I feel more ready for everyday challenges like learning new sewing technics, adjusting patterns, and using various fabrics. Seeing that I do not have my own dog it is interesting to learn more about dogs in general and understand what their needs are with regards to functional dog wear.
learn at your own pace - on any device
Whether you like to learn through PDFs and audio with your mobile device propped on your sewing machine, or through step-by-step videos on your laptop, I provide maximum support to ensure your success!
this is for you if you like:
Tutorials + Instructions
- PRINTABLE PDF PATTERNS WITH step-by-step instructions and PICTURES
- STEP-BY-STEP easily mastered VIDEO tutorials
- ADVANCED EMBELLISHMENT TECHNIQUES
Support + Community
- LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS + Q&A Calls
- COMMUNITY + support
- Everything you need to master the art of dog wear design
You're not in this alone
You’ll have access to the Private Scouter Wear Club Community where each month we will have two live Q&A sessions where I will answer questions, help troubleshoot problems and demonstrate different techniques and methods to customize the patterns.
You’ll also be able to post your questions, add pictures of the patterns you're working on, show off your custom designs, and anything else that you want to share or get help with.
In the Scouter Wear Club portal and private Facebook Group, you'll find all the resources you need to get started! PLUS, a community of like-minded stitchers sharing ideas, supporting one another, and growing together. A community of people just like you who want to learn new skills, feel that creative spark again, and experience the joy of building things with their own hands.
LET ME TAKE YOU ON A JOURNEY FROM BASIC STITCHER TO ACCOMPLISHED DESIGNER
I am the pattern designer and educator here at Scouter Wear Club and the founder of Scouter Wear, a small boutique company that has been hand-making a full line of water-resistant dog coats, hand-knit dog sweaters and dog accessories since 2016.
My high-quality waterproof dog coats were borne out of numerous experiments with various techniques, materials, styles, and features, and I want the opportunity to share that knowledge with you.
Before I started Scouter Wear, I owned an eLearning company for over 12 years, developing online courseware. I draw on these roots to create interactive learning that is fun and inviting for avid home stitchers who want to work with their hands and build new skills.
I hope you can join me as I help you to master the art of making custom-fit, functional dog wear - from following my patterns all the way to creating your own innovative, functional designs!