Facebook Live Lessons
tips +hacks Videos
And that's a wrap!
Thank you SO much for joining me in the Dog Coat Sewing Challenge. It was a BLAST!! I hope you enjoyed it and learned something from it.
And there's still lots of time to catch up if you're still making your coat. All the files and videos will be available until October 31st, 2020. But be sure to watch all the videos and download the files while you can!
So, you might be wondering how you get your pattern. All you need to do is send me an email to email@example.com and let me know which pattern size you have selected based on your dog's measurements and I'll send it off to you.
You can find the link to the sewing instructions for Part One of the Coat (Cutting the Fabric, Sewing the Piping and Attaching the Collar) which we covered today in Lesson Three. Part Two will be coming soon!
Make sure you check out the Facebook Live video for a further demonstration of how I sew piping if you missed it (or want to review it again).
Recorded Lessons + More
You can check out the recorded versions of ALL the Lessons on the left.
The videos are broken up into three categories:
- Lesson Videos - the pre-recorded Lessons
- Facebook Live Lesson presentations - recorded from the Live Facebook Sessions
- Additional Facebook videos with tips about fabrics, supplies, sewing hacks and more.
ALL the live training will be delivered through our private Facebook group, so if you haven't signed up yet, sign up today!
Each of the 4 LIVE Lessons and Q&A sessions will be recorded and uploaded up to this Concierge page daily. So, if you miss the live sessions you can always catch up later here. Look on the left to find the latest videos.
Be sure to watch the lessons and download the Cheat Sheets while they are available. Access to the Concierge page is only available until October 31st.
Lesson Docs + Cheat Sheets:
- Lesson 1 - How to Measure Your Dog
- Lesson 2 - Customizing Your Pattern
- Lesson 3 parts 1&2 - Cutting Fabric, Sewing Piping + Collar
- Lesson 4 part 1 - Attaching the Inner Lining
- Lesson 4 part Two - Attaching the Velcro
- Print Instructions
- Dog Coat Size Chart
- Dog Coat Challenge Supplies List
- My Favourite Waterproof Fabrics
- Lesson 1: How to measure your dog in 4 easy steps
- Session 1: Live Facebook Q&A
- Lesson 2: How to customize your pattern
- Session 2: Live Facebook Q&A
- Lesson 3 - Pt 1: How to Cut Your Fabric
- Lesson 3 - Pt 2: How to sew in piping + add a collar
- Session 3: Live Facebook Q&A
- Session 4: Live Facebook Q&A
- Lesson 4 - Pt 1: How to sew the coat together
- Lesson 4- Pt 2 : Velcro closure (coming soon)
Don't worry - if you are not able to attend it live, all events will be recorded, and you can access them on the concierge page. But hurry - they are only available until Oct. 31st, 2020!
Check in on Facebook:
If you haven't already done so, join us on the private Facebook Group where you will connect with other like-minded stitchers. Make sure turn Notifications on so you get notifications of anything that is new.
Be sure to introduce yourself by telling us where you're from and what you want to learn. Post a pic of your dog who you're making the dog coat for and show us your progress!
Follow my Instagram to get behind the scenes updates on Scouter Wear Club.
Photo courtesy Dylan Surridge